The venue has already welcomed more than 20,000 clubgoers to over 125 shows in just their first six months! And includes a popular pizza menu offered by Pepe Z as well.
To implement their full vision and expand into an adjacent property, activating the building into an multi-purpose community, cafe, performance space and retail space.
With your help, El Club will bring to life a second building and transform it into a multi-level cultural center, a stellar facility and resource for local artists, musicians, and organizers.
Check out their plans below:
The basement will be converted into several state-of-the-art practice spaces, as well as a silk screen studio, providing local musicians and artists with rental access to much-needed facilities.
A ground floor that will function as a cafe and retail space, which will display ephemera and wares from local, as well as national, artists and crafters. This will also serve as a second, smaller (150 cap.) venue, to showcase smaller, experimental projects, as well as open mic nights, readings, etc.
The top floor we hope to establish as a new and innovative gallery, that in addition to exhibiting varied and international talents, will be committed to showcasing the many exceptional Michigan artists. It will also offer workshops and art classes, as well as serve as a location for AA meetings, and other community resources.
The building itself is a beautiful and historic site from the early 1900s. Formerly a hardware store, we plan to restore the singular charm and characteristics of this space, and bring it back to life by repurposing this exquisite but long-neglected building as a center for art.
Project backers can enjoy an awesome selection of exciting rewards to thank you for your patronage with promised access to El Club you know and love:
- $5 + (every donation helps!) gets you a personalized thank you note and CD-R mixtape
- $15+ Limited edition El Club tote bag with surprise goody inside
- 20+ El Club show poster zine
- $25+ *PIZZA PARTY* 4 free pizzas at El Club
- $50+ pledge gets you a ticket to our opening night at The Vernor Cafe (with surprise guest)
- $60+ Select from various vinyl bundles from our friends at Sacred Bones, Sargent House, Dais Records, Wolf Eyes, Ascetic House, Mt Analog, and Ghostly
- $100+ Silver Tier membership! Free shows for the month of your choice!
- $250+ Gets you 5 Tix to 5 shows, with a +1, a free pizza (per show)
- $300+ Painting from Emma Kolhmann
- $500+ Gold Membership = free admission for one year
- $1000+ Platinum Membership = lifetime entry to all shows at El Club !
- $2000+ Platinum membership = lifetime entry with guest + free pizza at each show!
- $2500+ Throw yr own party at El Club!
Help El Club to transform our adjacent building into an unmatched cultural arts center and community resource, and every dollar helps!
DONATE TO THE VERNOR CAFE TODAY!
The post EL CLUB LAUNCHES KICKSTARTER TO OPEN THE VERNOR CAFE IN SOUTHWEST DETROIT appeared first on PLAYGROUND DETROIT.